The first mountains of eastern Piedmont are situated less than 1 hour drive from Milan. With a little more driving you can reach wonderful places around Lake Maggiore like Alpe Devero, Fromazza Valley and all their natural park, you can reach the beautiful and lonely Valsesia or the panoramic mountains of Biella.
Not only will you be able to hike on the Alps, but also the Apennines of Alessandria from where with a single look you can admire the Alps and on some occasions also see the sea.
Day hike can be of all difficulties, from easy walk to the more demanding hiking.
Piedmont is one of the most beautiful "corner" of Italy and it is closer to Milan and Malpensa than you might think! A day hike to Piedmont from Milan or Malpensa is the cheapest and most convenient way to spend a wonderful day in nature to discover the Italian mountains.
Here it is the valleys and natural park you can visit for a day hike in Piedmont from Milan
- Valgrande National Park, the widest wilderness area in Italy, with its woods and panoramic ridges
- Lake Maggiore, close to Valgrande National park
- Lake Orta and Valstrona valley
- Valle Anzasca with the Monte Rosa
- Antrona Valley natural park and Bognanco Valley
- Vigezzo Valley, close to Valgrande National Park
- Veglia Devero Natural park and Formazza Valley, the most beautiful places of Valle d'Ossola
- Valsesia, huge, wide and so dramatic with little valleys and the Monte Rosa at its head!
- Biella, Ivrea and Turin mountains
- Gran Paradiso National Park, piedmont side is wildest ans so silent than Valle d'Aosta.
Contact me to organize your day trekking or walking from Milan or Malpensa, we will choose together the hike that best suits your needs and your preferences!